The University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila, or UET Taxila is located at Taxila, Punjab, Pakistan. It was established in 1975 as a campus of University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore and chartered as an independent university in 1993, offering Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral degrees in disciplines in Engineering.
UET is a state university and the Governor of Punjab is the Chancellor of the university. The Vice-Chancellor is the executive head and manages the university functions.
It offers degrees in nine engineering studies: Computer, Telecom, Software, Electrical, Electronics, Civil and Mechanical at the main campus, and Mechatronics and Electronics at the subcampus of Chakwal . It is located near the historical site of Julian University, an ancient Buddhist university.
There are some remnants of the ancient civilization of Taxila around the main campus. This includes the Jandial tempal(Right next to the gate#1), The city of sirkap, Bhir Mound, the ruins of the stupa at Dharmarajika, the monastery at Jaulian, the monastery at Mohra Muradu in addition to a number of stupas.
Taxila Museum is three kilometers from the campus.
Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Taxila Institute of Transportation Engineering
- Department of Environmental Engineering
Faculty of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics Engineering (At Taxila campus)
- Department of Electronics Engineering (At Chakwal campus)
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Mechatronics Engineering (At Chakwal campus)
- Department of Aeronautical Engineering (Future Programme)
Faculty of Telecommunication and Information Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Software Engineering
- Department of Telecommunication Engineering
Faculty of Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences
It has the following departments under it
- Department of Industrial Engineering
- Department of Engineering Economic and Management (Future Programme)
Faculty of Basic Sciences and Humanities
- Department of Basic Sciences
|Phone||+92-596-9314216-18, 9314228, 9314225||Address||Taxila-47050|