Khyber Medical University, in Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan, is first public sector medical university. It was established in January 2007 with jurisdiction on the entire province including the Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
The motto of KMU is “Service to Humanity by striving for excellence in medical education and research as well as for providing medical students with state-of-the-art knowledge, skills and technology to deliver the highest standards of health care for the region.” Degrees awarded are MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) and BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery).
Affiliated colleges and/or institutions include:
- Ayub Medical College – Abbottabad
- Ayub College of Dentistry – Abbottabad
- Gomal Medical College – Dera Ismail Khan
- Khyber Medical College – Peshawar
- Khyber College of Dentistry – Peshawar
- Khyber Girls Medical College – Peshawar
- Saidu Medical College – Swat
- Abbottabad International Medical College – Abbottabad
- KMU Institute of Medical Sciences – Kohat
- Bannu Medical College-Bannu
PDA Building, Block IV,
Phase 5, Hayatabad, Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan
Phone: +92-91-9217703, 9217696, 9217697, 9217699