Noorjehan was the adopted stage name for Allah Wasai (September 21, 1926 – December 23, 2000) who was a legendary singer and actress inBritish India and Pakistan. Her career spanned seven decades. She was renowned as one of the greatest and most influential singers of her time in South Asia and was given the honorific title ofMalika-e-Tarannum (Urdu: ملکہ ترنم, English: the queen of melody).
During the 1965 India-Pakistan war. Noor Jehan sung many patriotic songs enthusiastically, which became tremendously popular. Some enormously praised and soul stirring songs are listed below.
- Ae watan kay sajeelay jawano, Mere naghmay tumharay leeyay hain
- Aeh putr hataan tay nahin wikday, Tu lubni ain wich bazar kuray
- Mereya dhol sipahia, Tenun Rub dyaan rakhhan
- O mahi chhail chhabilah, Haey neen kernail neen jarnail neen
- Yeh hawaoun kay musafir, Yeh samandaroun kay rahi, Meray sir bakaf mujahid, Meray suf shikan sipahe
- Rung laey ga shaheedoun ka lahoo, Yeh lahoo surkhee hay aazadi kay afsanay ki
- Mera sohnan shehr Qasoor neen, Hoya dunya wich mashhoor neen
|Gaon ki Gori|