Shami kebab (Urdu: شامی کباب, Hindi: शामी कबाब), is a popular Pakistani style of kebab, that is composed of small patty minced mutton or Beef, ground chickpeas and spices.
Shami kebabs are an extremely popular snack in Pakistan. They are often garnished withlemon juice and/or sliced raw onions, and are usually eaten with chutney made from mint or coriander. They are also served along with Sheer Khurma on Muslim Eid Days.
- Mince meat 250 gm ( hand-made)
- Gram lentil 4 tbsp (soak in water)
- Potato 1 (boiled)
- Cumin 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds 1 tsp
- Whole coriander 1 tsp
- Green cardamom 2
- Whole red chilli 6
- Salt 1 tsp
- Egg 1
- Garlic cloves 4
- Fresh coriander 2 tbsp
- Mint leaves 2 tbsp
- Green chillies 2
- Ginger 1 tsp (chopped)
- All spice powder 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
- In a pan put minced meat, gram lentil soaked ,cumin seeds,fennel seeds,whole coriander,green gardamom, whole red chilli, salt, ginger and garlic cloves,boil on low flame with 2 glass of water.
- When all ingredients are tender and the water has been completely absorbed.
- Remove from stove, let it cool.
- Then add boiled potato in it and chop the mixture in a chopper.
- Now add egg, coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies and all spices powder, mix well.
- Make kebabs and fry 3-4 kababs at a time to a rich brown color, turning them once.
- Remove from pan and put them on absorbent kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- Garnish with green chillies, coriander leaves,sliced onion and lemon.
- Serve hot with Pullao,Chapati and Podinay ki Chutney.
- Tip: For frying kebabs add enough oil to just cover the surface of fry pan if there is too much oil, the kebabs will split).