- 1 kg mutton
- 1 kg yogurt
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds (methi Dana)
- 1/2 teaspoon teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion seeds (kalonji)
- 6 red chilies
- 2 tbsp – ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp – turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – coriander powder
- 1 tsp – cumin powder
- 2 tsp – red chili powder
- 5 Cloves
- 4 medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 7 teaspoons Mustard oil
- 2 tsp – coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Marinate meat with ginger, garlic paste, chili powder, salt and yogurt for 2 hours.
- Dry roast the red chilies, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, onion seeds and cloves separately. Cool slightly and grind coarsely.
- In a pressure cooker add oil, onion & salt till golden brown .Add turmeric & ginger garlic paste. Cook till onions r brown. Add coarsely ground masala powder. Cook for half a minute, stirring all the time.
- Add mutton, cook on high heat till mutton pieces are well browned. Add coarsely ground masala powder. Cook for half a minute, stirring all the time. Add mutton, cook on high heat till mutton pieces are well browned
- Add two and half cups of water, bring it to a boil and cover. Cook on medium heat till the mutton is almost done. Add tomatoes and cook on medium heat for ten minutes or till mutton is fully cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with red chili and coriander leaves, serve hot.