Falooda or Faluda (Urdu: فالودہ) is a cold and sweet beverage with many ingredients very popular in South Asia. Traditionally it is made by mixing rose syrup with vermicelli, psyllium (ispaghol) or basil (sabza/takmaria) seeds, jelly pieces and tapioca pearlsalong with either milk, water or ice cream.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 packet falooda vermicelli
- 2 tsp rose water
- ½ tsp soaked tukmuri seeds
- 2 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Cardamom Powder – 1 pinch
- Pistachios 1 tsp (coarsely ground), to garnish
- Strawberry Jello – Readymade, or Homemade
- Sugar 11/2 tbsp or as your taste
- Boil the falooda sev or vermicelli in water for 20 minutes.
- Drain the excess water.
- Boil it in little milk over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add ice to cool the boiled sev.
- Put the sev in glasses. Add rose water.
- Also add soaked tukmuri seeds.
- Pour in milk & add ice.
- Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- add all other ingredients and mix.